Pursuing a Green Amendment in New Mexico
- This “Why We Need a Green Amendment” handout helps make the case for pursuing a Green Amendment in New Mexico. Use it as a resource to help inform and engage others.
- Answers to some of your pressing questions can be found on our FAQ.
- Use these top talking points as a starting place for educating others.
An Emmy Nominated Show
Here’s The Story, an Emmy nominated show that premiered in 2011 and is produced by acclaimed journalist Steve Rogers, is now featuring a two part show featuring the Green Amendment movement. The show joins Maya as she explores the history of the Green Amendment movement and meets with environmental, political and legal leaders key to the movements past, present and future. Among those interviewed is NJ Governor Phil Murphy, PA Senator Franklin Kury who originally conceived of the idea for PA, and the chief justice who wrote the iconic opinion that helped launch the movement.
You can watch the show, see Facebook live chats with some of the key players, and see the full interviews that were conducted as part of the show here: Here’s the Story: The Green Amendment.
Article XX Section 21 ≠ a New Mexico Green Amendment
People often assert that the current language in Article XX Section 21 of the New Mexico Constitution is the same thing as a Green Amendment but that is definitely not the case. Learn how and why a New Mexico Green Amendment will provide superior protection to current Article XX Section 21.
New Mexico: A Resource or Sacrifice State? Recording now available
A webinar hosted by Indivisible Nob Hill and Green Amendments For The Generations to discuss NM’s most pressing environmental issues and how a Green Amendment could help provide a solution.
- Nuclear issues in New Mexico, in particular waste storage plans in Lea County by Holtec International, presented by Leona Morgan and Eileen Shaughnessy
- Health impacts of methane pollution, presented by Mario Atencio
- A Green Amendment as a solution, presented by Green Amendments For the Generations founder Maya van Rossum.
Watch the recording of this Zoominar – use the password: 5L@Zv5=$ to access.
Support Green Amendments For the Generations!