Environmental Justice Written Resources:
- Constitutional Green Amendments; Making Environmental Justice a Reality, American Bar Association Natural Resources & Environment Journal
- Environmental Law Institute (ELI) Dialogue: Green Amendments, A Vehicle for Environmental Justice Panel Discussion
- NEW: Green Amendment Roots of Strength for Environmental Justice
- 17 Principles of Environmental Justice
- Green Amendments: Giving Constitutional Power to Environmental Justice
- Using Green Amendments to Strengthen Environmental Justice
Webinar: Green Amendment Day: A Panel of Leading Environmental Justice Voices
A panel of leading environmental justice voices from across the nation joined together on the inaugural Green Amendment Day 2021, to push forth an agenda for ending environmental racism and restoring environmental justice through constitutional empowerment. Our panelists represent different areas where environmental justice intersects: a grassroots leader, a community organizer & advocate, a legislator, a national Green Amendment expert, a Tribal Liaison, and a scientific expert. Hear first hand how they are pursuing true environmental justice with the power of a Green Amendment. Constitutional recognition and protection can elevate the inalienable rights of all people to a clean & healthy environment, and transform our system of laws and government to ensure environmental justice is mandatory, equitable and enforceable.
Webinar: The NJ Green Amendment: A New Tool for Environmental Protection & Justice.
Kim Gaddy, Director of South Ward Environmental Alliance and Maya van Rossum, Founder of Green Amendments For The Generations present and discuss the proposed NJ Green Amendment and the transformational difference environmental constitutionalism can create for balancing justice and equity for environmental justice communities.
Webinar: A New York Green Amendment: Balancing Power & Equity for EJ Communities
A panel discussion moderated by Mike Harrington, Assistant Director, Tishman Environment and Design Center. Panelists Include:
- Maya K. van Rossum, Founder, Green Amendments for the Generations
- Eddie Bautista, Executive Director, New York City Environmental Justice Alliance
- Kate Kurera, Deputy Director, Environmental Advocates NY
- Christine Appah, Senior Staff Attorney, New York Lawyers for the Public Interest Environmental Justice Program